Friday, March 20, 2015

Señorita Carmena

Señorita Carmena was published as an e-book during Winter 2013.  It is a novel that was written many years ago, while I was still a student and it tells the story of the young Spanish aristocrat Carmena De Marquida and her fight to live a life that she chooses, rather than be forced into an arranged marriage with a man of her father's choosing. It is a feel good romance, where-in she realises that one can never escape all forms of bondage completely, even though she manages to carve a life for herself as captain of her own ship.  Once she meets two very diferent men, her life changes like she never expected.

Looking back on the theme, characters and setting I must admit that it is not something that I would ever write again.  Sometimes, at certain stages of ones life there is a story or a character which you must write out of your system, so to speak. I guess Carmena was just such a character.

That said, I receive good feedback from readers who read this novel.  I am thankful for that but mostly delighted that something I wrote ages ago still provides an escape of delight to readers to distant shores and times.

For the publication of this book as an e-book I owe my dear sister, Debbie Schulenburg many thanks. If not for her constant encouragement, advise and belief in me, this book and none of those that follow, would ever have been published.

Señorita Carmena is written in Afrikaans and at present only available at Amazon.com and at www.ereads.co.za.

No comments:

Post a Comment