Thursday, June 25, 2015

If I were a pirate ... (This week's writing prompt)

Found on goodstuffsworld.blogspot.com

If I were a pirate I would swagger because I would own my very own pirate ship.  A Brigantine.  The two-mast brigand's ship gave terrific maneuverability and speed. It had adequate firepower and a large hold and was much roomier than the Schooner or the sloops of the day.  Which meant I would have a large, exquisite cabin, where I could dress in my pirate’s finery.
            If I were a pirate I would wear tightfitting black trousers with black leather knee-boots and a startling white linen shirt with wide sleeves.  I would have hip length, jet black, curly hair, which would blow in silky tendrils behind my back when I stood on the deck, shouting orders at my well organized crew of cut throats.
            If I were a pirate I would have at least one splendid treasure map, which indicated a hidden treasure on a tropical island.  This map would be rolled up and kept safe in a brown leather cylinder, with my name engraved on it.  I would always carry it on my person.
            If I were a pirate my Brigantine would fly a terrific black, white and red Jolly Roger (that is the term the English used for any pirate flag).  My flag’s design would consist of a black rose and white cutlass on a jolly red background (joli rouge – the French for “pretty red”).
            If I were a pirate I would know at least one mermaid, two talking dolphins and three friendly sea horses.  I would sail the seven seas as its undisputed queen and my name would be on the lips of all respectable ladies, yearning to have the freedom I have.
            If I were a pirate I would take in all abandoned children and animals, because they deserve better and as a pirate I could easily steal money and other riches from stingy, villainess or crooked rich merchants to help the unfortunates. 
            If I were a pirate I would not have a long life.  I would in all probability die a horrendous death in an timeworn, musty and dirty prison in a place that does not even appear on a decent map.  I would not have been a mother or a wife and I would not know the luxury of gracious love and tiny hands around my neck.
            If I were a pirate I would long to be who I am today…
            

3 comments:

  1. And if I were a pirate I would have loved to be your only true friend...... Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lolipop. We would have made an awesome team! I can just imagine! Not to mention the splendid corsets we would have worn, thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was little bit helpful but also thank you very much

    ReplyDelete