Wednesday, August 12, 2015

The Mermaid on the Rock

Found on prettydesigns.com
This morning, while walking on the beach I saw a mermaid.  Right next to the frolicking seahorses, amongst the rocks, where waves break into thousands of white foam fairies.
            A bit further back, there where the sun casts its rays – millions of diamonds lay scattered on the mirror-like surface of the ocean.
            Around my feet, on their bed of soft powdery sand, the Kingdom of the Sea has offered hundreds of seashells – free.  There for the picking. 
            As if all this treasure was not enough a soft wind crept along the beach, kissing my neck, tugging my hair, caressing my body.  I spread my hands and invited the sun to be my lover, revelling in the wind’s hands on my body and the sun’s mouth on my skin.
            The mermaid beckoned me.  I left the arms and lips of my celestial lovers and reluctantly entered the waves.  The turquoise water of the ocean embraced me with cool fingers, stroking my back and neck, where the sun has just kissed me affectionately.  I made my way to the mermaid on the rock.  The seahorses fled when they saw me.
            The sea creature, languishing in rapt splendour, on the glistening rock, smiled when I dragged my legs out of the water.
            “Good morning! Splendid morning!”  Her teeth are white and her smile will melt any heart.
            “Yes it is.  Why did you not disappear today, when you saw me, like every other morning?”
            Her laugh sounds like water over pebbles.  “Because today you believed in me.”
            I looked at her in consternation.  She laughed again.  “Today you were open to the wonders of the world.  Today you looked with different eyes.  Today you accepted, without qualification the gifts of the Lord. Today is the first day of the rest of your life.”
            I smiled up at the sky, just in time to see an Angel’s wings disappear behind the single cloud on its cerulean canvas.  And I understood.  God is with us, always, forever and everywhere.  He is in the wind, the sun, the people around us and the creatures we are looking after.  In every morning there is a promise and hope. 
            If only we will accept His offerings.
            I turned with a content smile to the mermaid, and is just in time to see her silvery tail fin disappear beneath the water.  Did I really see a mermaid?
            And on the wind I hear a voice answering me.  Sometimes God allows you to see what YOU NEED to see to BELIEVE.  And the sun’s fingers on my back tickles. And I knew, for me today, it was a mermaid, seahorses and an Angel.  If you WANT to see, you shall see…





No comments:

Post a Comment